What belongs on TechFault?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Internal Hardware with details on specs, components.
- Ideally information on any common issues and how to solve them.
- General Computers (Pre-built Desktops / Laptops / Tablet PCs / SBCs / Smartphones)
- Bugs/Issues due to OEM drivers, how to fix them
- Incompatibilities of certain pieces of hardware with OSes
- External resources for these devices (other more specialized wikis?)
- Operating Systems
- Specifically major versions of Operating Systems, a category for an OS line (like Windows.)
- Issues with hardware after a specific generation, VM hypervisors.
- Programmable stuff, open source peripherals.
- Peripherals that dont work with certain USB controllers, configurations.
- USB Serial Ports
- Particularly picky software, but commonly used. (VIM?)
- Software that can cause issues and is known to cause problems, maybe with certain versions of OSes.
- General tech.
Things we don't want to see.
- Driver-Specific articles.
- Exception: There is a generic driver for a lot of different devices. For instance, Realtek High Definition Audio.
- "Stupid" Peripherals
- USB Drives, simple computer mice.
- Exception: This specific "simple peripheral" has specific situations where it can cause issues, or has a common fault with a solution.